8 de dezembro de 2005

Leaving to Chile - 11th Regional IAU Meeting

Not much to post today. Finished my poster for IAU, discussed the closing of the topology paper with Armando Bernui... we keep on excusing ourselves along the whole text, saying that what we detect is not a foreground signal. It clearly comes from CMB but we do not dare to say that, UNTIL TODAY (so I hope). A couple more days and I expect to close this paper before the end of the year. You can check another "reading" of this topology approach through a paper of Armando Bernui on astro-ph/0511592.

Otherwise, paperwork, luggage preparation, writing last minute emails... one good thing is that in Chile I will have some spare time to work on the preparation of two other papers for early January 2006 (MNRAS with Ana Paula and Andre; ASTROBIOLOGY with Claudia, Amancio, Sergio and Heloisa). Great closing of 2005!

OK, I am departing to Guarulhos airport in about 1h for the 11th IAU Regional Meeting. Will try to keep you posted from there. There are some very promising talks scheduled during the meeting and I will also report my impressions from Cerro Tololo International Observatory and from my talk there.

See you Friday!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário